Despite the abysmal news coming out of Spain, the Barcelona startup scene is powering on. The Barcelona Startup Fair: Recruitment & Beer is showing local and international talent, that there are great things happening in the Barcelona tech scene; an scene with an unparalleled lifestyle compared to any other major tech cluster in Europe.
A group of 25 companies including Robot Media have come together to hold a joint recruitment event this June 12 at the Antiga Fabrica of local beer maker Estrella Damm. Between all the companies there are around 80 new jobs in internet based companies which need to be filled, primarily in technical and design roles.
The Barcelona Startup Fair: Recruitment and Beer will give access to 350 developers and designers. The organizers are working on a great mix between local talent, people from technical and creative schools, plus internationals who want to execute their great work in Barcelona.
To attend register here and don’t forget to come along to the after party, for a few more drinks and talking startups. www.revivelanoche.com will organize the after party.
See you there!
Robot Media is the leading Spanish company in graphic storytelling apps. We have specialize in comic books and children’s books, with more than 200 Android, iPhone and iPad apps passing 1,500,000 downloads.
Robot Media is looking for an experienced Android/iOS developer in Barcelona to join our team.
- Design, develop and test Android or iOS applications from the ground-up
- Design, develop and test RESTful web services to be used by those mobile applications
- Improve existing Android or iOS applications
- Android or iOS app development (at least one)
- Object-oriented design and development
- Relational databases (MySQL and SQLite in particular)
- RESTful web services with XML and JSON
- Working proficiency in English (at least written)
- PHP or any other server-side programming language
- Passionate about comic books or digital publishing
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or related field, or equivalent
- C/C++ development experience
- OpenGL ES development experience
- Gameplay development experience
Interested candidates please send your resume and published apps to email@example.com quoting “Android/iOS developer”.